I've been eaten by Wolves

Friday, March 19, 2010



This morning I discovered a brand new restaurant across the street from where I live. It's a cute little spot called Wolves and it opened last Monday on Corlett Drive, Illovo. The menu is a bit of Boat (on four legs) and Bean There combined, but there's a fresher, airier element to this little restaurant, which also sells indie music, magazine and very kitch ornaments. The minute he walked in, one of the owners, Shane Durrant, who owns Wolves with his wife Angie and friend, Gregg, came over to say "Welcome to Wolves". For me, that's always a reason to come back to a place. Plus, the best part - they have "hosts" Edwin and Willy who I instantly recognised - they both used to work at Sugo in Parktown North. Sugo must have been sad to lose these two because Edwin is one of the best waiters I've ever come across.




I had a delicious roast beef sandwich and home-made lemonade for a total of R47, that's mucho cheaper than other places around town. They say the menu's still being developed and they are still waiting for a liquor license before they serve alcohol. Last night there was a live band and a good turnout apparently, and they hope to have this on the regular!

I've been treated very well here...I'm definitely gonna be a regular.

2 comments:

The Fake Sartorialist said...

Wow this place looks great.
I'm have to go some time :)
See you at fashion week soon !

Visit:
The Fake Sartorialist Blog

Milisuthando Bongela said...

Cool dude! What's your name?

Post a Comment