Clothes Maketh the Woman! Or do they?

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I like seeing fashion shows where you can't interpret the designer's intention and statement. It's frustrating yet intriguing, like Regina Spektor's beautifully written lyrics that actually make no sense sometimes. That's what keeps me coming back, the need to decipher and deconstruct the significance of an artist's symbolism. European fashion weeks are usually the fodder for my hunger for abstract expressionism in clothing. And this past weekend's Paris shows are still painting my pallete with delicious tastes of art. I'm also going to leave some links for you to go on to see more pictures and some really good reviews from Nicole Phelps and Sarah Mower of Style.com and Vanessa Friedman of London's Financial Times. One day, when I go to Paris Fashion Week, I'll give proper reviews of my own. There's a big difference between seeing the pictures and seeing the show live.

Here are my favourites in no particular order...

0 comments:

Post a Comment