MY MOTHER'S DRESS

Wednesday, September 5, 2012


This is a dress that used to belong to my mother in the 80s.  When she outgrew it she gave it to her younger sister, my aunt who used to wear it with a matching pair of trousers.  A few Christmases ago, I fished it out of my aunts kist along with a whole bunch of other stuff that was handed down from my mother to her.  I've probably worn this a total of three times because it's so memorable.  I wore it to the launch of Suzaan Heyns' new shop last week, with a bag from Maria McCloy and shoes from Woolworths.  Thithi Nteta took this picture for A Fashion Friend.  I hope my daughter fishes it out of my kist one day


3 comments:

Pumza Madayi said...

it is absolutely bananas...i adore it :)

Ms K said...

it looks great - love the whole styling!

Sarah Botha said...

Such a gorgeous dress! I also wear a few of my mom's pieces as well.
S.
www.theangelheadedhipster.com

Post a Comment