A CV, A VACANCY AND AN INTERNSHIP!

Friday, March 22, 2013

Hey guys

Well nothing really transpired from last week's appeal for suggestions on how to improve this mkokotela recruitment agency that I'm running and I've asked the universe for guidance. I shall wait. In the meantime, I'm just going to carry on with it the way it has been going with little bit of change.

This week, I have one strong CV's to post.  The others I've been receiving are mostly looking for PA positions, a lot of them who are qualified in other fields too but needing work experience.  There are too many to choose from and I am happy to send them through to anybody that might be looking for Personal Assistants.  Holler if you are interested.  The other one that I was going to post is from somebody who has fantastic work experience, references and I was salivating at the prospect of sharing it until I realised she lives in New York and is not even South African. I was like, ok cool, it's good to have that much reach and I would certainly love to help another human being but this platform at the moment is for South Africans as a result of our 40% unemployment rate and one of the biggest youth bulges in the world.  Anyway, here we go.

CV 1

''I'm smart, ambitious and am focused'', says the CV of one Johannesburg based Media Planner.  She is 30 years old and has 7 years experience in Media and Production planning, having recently spent the last 5 years working at Primedia-Unlimited Fashion Media as a production planner for Edgars and Red Square's fragrance clients.  She is currently unemployed and is looking for work in a similar field. Here is a breakdown of her experience:

Education

2002 - 2004 AAA School of Advertising: International Higher Diploma in Integrated Marketing
                    Communications - Specialized in Media Management , Marketing and Advertising

Work Experience

2011 - 2013 Primedia-Unlimited Fashion Media: Production Manager
                    Implementing the production process for all cosmetic and fragrance brands
                    Planning and Implementing production schedules
                    Regular Communication with print suppliers
                    Drawing up briefs/proofs of flighting reports
                    Responsible for getting client approval and sending off final artwork to print
                    Liaising with sales and design teams for production briefs
                    Coordinating campaign productions
                    Clients included Dior, Gucci, Dolce and Gabbana and Clinique

2006 - 2011 Red Cherry Media Holdings: Implementation Media and Production Planner
                    Planning and Implementing TV and Radio Schedules
                    Drawing up contracts after booking Radio and TV space with media owners
                    Media Planning for short format shows
                    Productions co-ordinating for interactive TV and radio products ADS UP, WOTZ UP
                    Scripting for production and competition telephone lines
                    Clients included AVBOB, African Bank, Eskom, Meltz, TruCape, MNet Cares

I was at a shoot last week and the editor of a local lifestyle magazine asked me if I know of any strong sales executives to sell advertising space for the magazine which has a readership of up to 1.5 million people.  I said I would put the word out there, so if you have experience in Advertising Sales and you're looking for a new job with a really wonderful team of women, send me a mail and I'll forward it to the editor.

In other opportunity news, Women's Health Magazine in Cape Town is looking for editorial interns. This is a great opportunity to gain work experience if you are a freshly laid graduate of journalism and media studies.  The internship is unpaid so you'll have to negotiate with mama and papa for a few extra months of living in the nest but these things usually open doors to real jobs sooner rather than later if you put in enough effort.  The intern will be doing research, assisting with general editorial tasks, write some features which they will be paid for and just getting experience within an editorial team.  If you'd like to apply for this, drop me a mail at missmillib@gmail.com.  You can also send me an email if you have any other query.

Have a lekker weekend.                   

0 comments:

Post a Comment