Money or the (shoe)Box?

Friday, June 18, 2010



Today I got a call from a local shoe shop, an enourmous local shoe shop with little shoe shops all over the cowntry and they asked me if I would be interested in writing blogs for them. WHAAAAAT??? I stayed calm and said...maybe, what does it involve? The girl explained what it would involve and they can either pay me in shoes or in cash. Now this presents a serious dilems for me because I'm a freelance writer and I basically can't afford to say no to any rands and cents growing on my little shrub! But WHY would I not want a free pair of shoes after every blog update or month? Please help me guys (the problems of a fashionista mwahahah). Should I take the cash or the shoebox? If there are more of $ signs then I have to take the cash, but the more S signs I get, it's the shoes! And I might give a pair away to a reader each month. Let me think of a reason. Yelp!

That's the only reason I've posted pics of these delicious shoes that were teleported to me by Tommy Ton. My soles have never been so touched! I would commit blue and white collar crime repeatedly to get my hands on these DSquared Spine Heels (pic1). I spotted them on www.bryanboy.com and now they are on Tommy's too. I love Nicholas Kirkwood's work. Fuse that with the Rodarte sisters' double-genius and you get these candle wax beauties from the Rodarte Winter 2011 Collection (pic3). Then Proenza Schouler is one of my favourite American brands. I've watched them develop over the years and they've never disappointed me. Why would they start now? These shoes are so cute (pic2). Hopefully, I'll be walking in these calibres very soon! Images www.jakandjil.com

6 comments:

coelho said...

take the $ & ask for a discount if you shop inm their store - my2cents x

Gugulethu said...

This dilemna reminds me of Surf Show Pick a Box girl! But atleast with this, it's a win win all the way!

Kalliebree said...

tough one. You should be able to decide from month to month if you want cash or shoes. so if there is nothing cute in the range that month you'll still have the cash.

Thando said...

lol @ "cowntry"...Hhaaaii ke Sisi - this is a tough one! I say swap, one month - shoes, and the next month - cash (I want it all...singing)

Unknown said...

THE SHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!

Vuyo said...

The shoe box msasazi...and as I know you, your shoe size increses to a size 6 from time to time...*cough cough*.....

Post a Comment