Why I'm growing my hair

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I've been bald for about 5 years and though I wanted to make it my look forever, you know like how Anna has her bob, Suzie Menkes has her quiff; but I really wanna grow my hair so I can put little birdies, tigers and jeweled snakes on my head without looking like the streetkid I currently resemble with my growing hair! In about 3 weeks, I'll be able to wear it just like this:


These are pics I found on dazeddigital while reading up about The Pop Africana Mag 

Inspired by Julie Dreyfus' character in Inglorious Basterds, which I watched again on Saturday night. I love that movie. I'm mental about the styling.  When I design my own range one day, I think it will be very much inspired by 40s wartime fashion of ration and rationality on one hand and the ostentation on the other.


Meeeeeouwww I say!

3 comments:

justourhouse said...

Yeah, you see I been thinking of growing my hair too but my hairline is fucked from braids and I can't get it to grow back!!! Eeeek! I miss my brittle, natural hair and i certainly miss styling it. :(
mathahle

Milisuthando Bongela said...

I know, I also missed brittle natural stretchy vibe!

Sabu said...

You want to grow, i want to cut! i have this ...mane on my head thats just NOT helping me in this hot hot weather- oh but the fear, ur probably thinking "fear of what?it'll grow back" ja...but...wat if it doesnt?
just saying.
:)

Post a Comment