What I've been up to

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Hey you guys,

Sorry I've been M.I.A. I really have been missing in some serious action.  For the past couple of days, I have been fixing, that means in rough terms, being the local producer for a story for W Magazine (www.wmagazine.com) on the fashion, art and culture of Johannesburg.  A team from the magazine is here this week and we've been visiting and interviewing some of the city's most proficient creatives.  It's a pity it's a 2000 word story because I feel a little shit about not being able to meet and feature more people. 

Anyway, so I've been eavesdropping on the interviews and learning a lot about how to interview from Tim Murphy, who is a freelance writer for W and other publications such as The New York Times.  Stylist and writer, Haidee Findlay-Levin, who is South African but has lived in New York and London since the early 90s and is doing this for W is also here.  I die a little inside everytime I see her because of how much more awesome her clothes are that anything I've seen in real time in Joburg.  She is a walking editorial. Oh and she has done some work for my favourite magazines, The Gentlewoman and Fantastic Man.  The photographer on the job is South African born and LA raised but Paris based Misha Taylor. He is just a tall glass of joy, pleasure and talent.  I feel very privileged to be ''mingling'' with them.  Oh and the other local fixer is Geza aka Gareth Cowden of accessories label, Babatunde.  



This is a bad picture taken at a time when the light was not the greatest after Market on Main.  On the left is Tim, Haidee (duh) and Misha on the right.  The issue featuring Joburg is the September issue coming out in August.  There will also be an online supplement to the story with more content and more pictures.  I will post the link when it's up.  

3 comments:

Romy A said...

I looked at that woman in the middle and I could tell her attire looked foreign.
http://riyabellavintage.weebly.com/

sindisokhumalo said...

You are awesome my friend. You belong right there with them. xxx

Anonymous said...

That's incredible! I love W Magazine

skinnygrande.blogspot.com

Post a Comment