EISH, THE WAY MY FRIENDS ROCK

Monday, June 4, 2012


When was the last time your friend was featured in Vogue? Lol, I'm such a bitch. Ok, all bitchy jokes aside, Thandiswa Mazwai, the purest voice this side of the hemisphere is in the latest L'uomo Vogue as well as Vogue Italia's website.  Because she's worth it.  Check it out here

Not to take the spotlight away from Kudzi, she is performing this Saturday at The Lyric Theatre with Bra Hugh Masekela and earlier in the evening with the Blk Jks and Joao Orrecia as part of artist Kudzanai Chiurai's latest exhibition Left Behind - the unofficial Jozi leg of Kudzi's exhibition, which actually launches in Kassel, Germany on the same night as part of the Documenta (13) Show.  


The exhibition will explore the issue of conflict and conflict resolution in contemporary Africa and will be in mixed media formats.  Let me see if I've got this right, one will be a video instillation of last year's performance by this quartet and a new video instillation of art accompanied by music designed for the video by Thandiswa, Joao and the Blk Jks.  

This will happen at Juta Street, Braamfontein. ROOM (a gallery) will exhibit photographs of the installation at Documenta 13 (the ones that the people in Germany will see on the same night) and  Co-Op, yet another gallery at 70 Juta Street, will exhibit a new edition of the Conflict Resolution posters.  If I'm wrong, just show up on Juta Street and follow the funk. I'm happy to see the appearance of the word Poster because I mean like, most of the people that attend Kudzi's exhibitions can't afford the R99 999 that his works cost.  So we will be happy to buy some posters.  This sounds like a really fun way to spend a Saturday night in my beloved Jozi. Don't miss out if you're here.  

Event deets: Saturday 9 June 2012 
Time 17:30 for 18:00 
Performance starts at 18:30

1 comments:

Vuyo said...

I saw this on twitter and I screamed out loud. So so happy for Tha...she deserves the recognition... How I wish I was in JHB this coming weekend, just to see her and Bra Hugh on stage together would be so cool :)

Post a Comment