AND THEN WE DID IT AGAIN FOR ZAKI

Monday, June 4, 2012

Gosh, last week really made me privileged to live in a city that is truly alive.  While I was busy making sale sales at Mememe Joburg last Thursday, Zaki Ibrahim was launching her very first album titled Every Opposite at Great Dane in Braamfontein.  I've been a bit of a cheat, her label people gave me the first draft of the CD and we've been playing it at the shop and in my car.  I missed the media part of the launch as well as her performance but went straight there after the Mememe Sale.

I was also lucky enough to catch her off-the-hinges live performance on Saturday night at Kitcheners. It's a mixture of house, alternative, a bit of pop and some soul.  A star is born people.  I will say it again, support local, bitchez. Here are some of the pics from Thursday night's album launch.  These were taken by Connor Varin Photography. Every Opposite is out in stores at of today the 4th day of June 2012.  The price is a surprise hehe. 
















1 comments:

Post a Comment