OTELO BURNING

Tuesday, March 27, 2012


Local films are such a treat. I am particularly excited about Otelo Burning because it is distributed by the same clever women (Indigenius Film Distrubution) that brought Viva Riva to South Africa.  Directed by Sarah Bletcher, Otelo Burning is a coming of age story set in Natal in 1989, about a group of Zulu boys that find solace in an unlikely sport for black kids back then - surfing; and it's based on a true story.

I watched the trailer and my goosebumps led me to attempt to download the mixtape/soundtrack, which features the talents of Motif Records' Tumi and Tiago of Tumi and The Volume, Zaki Ibrahim, Reason as well as The Fridge among others.  As it turns out, I can't download it until 2 April.   Damn.  That's ok, I can wait until the film's official release date on 11 May. 

1 comments:

Akona Ndungane said...

But wow it looks like it's riveting!
Definitely excited about seeing it.

Remind us when the mixtape is available for download

Post a Comment