THE OKPO SISTERS

Tuesday, June 18, 2013




I die. My current obsession with Nigeria (just finished reading THE AMAZING AMERICANAH by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie) led me on a little quest to find some more amazing Nigerians doing beeg tings in the world!  When I finally learned the names of these two girls, who I've seen on many a tumblr, that they were Nigerian was a cherry on top. If you've never seen them, meet sisters and fashion designers Lizzy (the short one) and Darlene (the long one) Okpo.  They are the names behind the cult label William Okpo, named after their father, which is worn by all of New York's coolest including the inimitable Solange Knowles.  I'll do a separate post on their RIDICULOUS clothes later this week. They used to work at Opening Ceremony.  So you can imagine! How are those braids? I need to go to New York. 






Images from Refiney 29 and Style Like U


0 comments:

Post a Comment