Jane Sews her way to an Online store!

Friday, May 24, 2013




At the end of 2010, I had a meeting with a young graduate from Lisof, a beautiful waif with a top layer of innocence, a medium layer of common sense and a bottom layer of no nonsense.  She had asked to meet me so that she could show me some of her clothes because I was working with other designers when I was doing Pulchritude.  We were seated in the then relatively new Wolves Cafe in Illovo when she pulled out 3 samples from her handbag and I remember thinking damn these are good samples for a student.  With a few tweaks here and there, they could sell and I would be the first customer.  She listened to my advice and slowly over a few months, her product got better and better. In fact, it's one of my favourite young designer brands which we stock at Mememe Joburg and now it's grown up.  This week, Amy Venter of Jane Sews launches her own online store! Well done Amy and good luck on this new venture in business. Visit the Jane Sews Online Store and have a good gander!

0 comments:

Post a Comment