031 Collections Judging

Monday, May 23, 2011

Remember those "My Weekend" orals we had to do in prep school?  If I had to do one of those now, I'm sure it would kick the asses of my classmates because I had a kick ass weekend.   I was in Durban on Saturday for the 031 Collections presented by Mr Price and I was judging the collections with designer Leigh Schubert, SA Fashion Week director, Lucilla Booysen, Jo Coehlo from Mr Price and international model and actress, Agyness Deyn.  It wasn't a long process but it was very difficult having to choose one winner from the very talented young designers from Durban.

The overall winner was Cindy Lee Armstrong who stunned us with her Toareg Nomad inspired collection that also reminded me of Amanda Laird Cherry when she first started. I must say, I was also thoroughly impressed by Gregory Dladla's menswear range, Belinda Morgan's Commes de Garcons' inspired collection and Claire McKenzie's Art Deco-esque range.  I must say, I was properly educated about the talent in Durban.  Don't forget these names.  

Cindy Armstrong, holding her trophy (is it called a trophy or staque in this case? anyway) flanked by a model from her collection, Agyness Deyn and Mr Price MD, Nicci Lynne. 

Earlier in the day, Leigh Schubert, Agyness, Lucilla and Jo and I deliberating the result! You can't see me but I'm behind Leigh Schubert's head!
My arm (lol), Leigh, Agyness and Lucilla during the judging process

p.s Agyness Deyn is really beautiful and really really really nice!

0 comments:

Post a Comment