Weekend Special

Monday, April 18, 2011

As hard as I work, I must say I do actually take a lot of time out, especially on Sundays now that I'm not doing the market.  This past Sunday, Celiwe and I went to Parys after reading about it on To Do in Joburg and we thoroughly enjoyed the drive out of Gauteng to the Free State and also the pleasantries of a small town - just under 2 hours away from jobusy. My favourite thing about the trip was going to the vintage stores and checking out some really cool but ridiculously expensive stuff. I bought some Life Magazines from the 1950s - can't wait to dive into them later tonight, and got a free cactus cum terranium plant from this one shop.  When you first get there, it looks like an unfriendly Afrikaans town where blacks stay on one side of the town and whites on the other, but it's not like that at all - we felt very welcome, although there was an old South African flag on sale at one of the shops :-/

Love how Parys actually takes the whole French thing very seriously, like how this shop is on "Rue du Transvaal" on the blue street signs that are all over Paris.


I thought this was HA. Larious!

Errrr...... 





Really liked these vintage cake tins. 

3 comments:

Lauren Setterberg said...

Eish, that flag! I love those tins though, yowzers! Looks like it was a fab trip. x

Milisuthando Bongela said...

Lol I know, it was just there, staring at us with a R480 note next to it. the nerve

Thando said...

The flag, ja neh...I guess its also vintage... lol... but Parys is really cool...

Post a Comment