This is why I couldn't wait...

Saturday, April 9, 2011

 Last night was the first night of South African Fashion Week's S/S 2011 shows and what an opening night it was.  Black Coffee opened with a collection that left me fulfilled. I’ve been hungry for concept for a while and their Form, Furniture and Function collection was sufficient food for my emaciation.  The collection is made from hundreds of laser cut little pieces of burned wool that were painstakingly pieced together to form the base of the collection.  When the wearer is done with one of these jackets that you can turn into scarves or dresses, you can undo the pieces to make a cushion, a curtain or a throw or anything your heart desires. I'm not sure what material the little dresses under the wool were made of but I would have loved to see more of them.














I was still reeling from the show when I bumped into photographer, Chris Saunders in the Media Lounge. He’d been clever enough to go back stage to take these breath freezing shots of the hair, make up and, models and Jacques and his team at work. I fucking love my job!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

loving those wigs... they remind me of the ones my grandmother used to have back in the 80's... very Sister Bettina vibes...

Bobo said...

have just gone through the few collections that have just been posted and must say...absolutely love the hard simplicity of this collection..what else could one expect from such a brand..don't know how you felt about the other collections but guess save that spotlight for another page...so jealous, wish i could have been there!

Post a Comment