Brett Rubin

Monday, November 22, 2010

A few weeks ago I met a lovely and polite young man whose energy was the calm in the storm of a room of about 20 (mostly Xhosa) women at the amazing Winston Hotel. It was a friend's birthday party we were downing pink champers as if our lives depended on it (as one does). I had heard about photographer Brett Rubin and have actually featured his work on my blog earlier this year, but I was pleasantly surprised at how chilled and unaffected he was considering the fact that his reputation precedes him. Here's why one would be forgiven for thinking that because he is talented, he may be an asshole. He is the opposite of that. This is his latest shoot for local designer Suzaan Heyns' latest collection. Suzaan's collections are usually dark, eerie, serious and usually well executed. I think these two work well together.
















Images are from Brett's Blog - pay it a visit. You'll see what I mean.




0 comments:

Post a Comment