From England with Love

Sunday, May 16, 2010



On Saturday night, the Dazed and Confused issue I contributed to was hand delivered by the mag's front section editor, the totally awesome Sarah Fakray. It's really cool and they've actually captured the spirit of Cape Town and Johannesburg incredibly well and I'm happy to have been part of it. Just to tease you before you get it at Exclusive in two months time, you can look forward to stories about: Die Antwoord, Main Street Life, Thandiswa, Ok Malume, Black Coffee (the designers), The Smarteez, Fokofpolisiekar, Jack Parrow, Juju, Mikhael Subotsky, The Blackheart Gang, The Blk Jks and local house music. At this point, I've only read and re-read the South African section, but I thoroughly look forward to reading one page at a time for the rest of my life. This is pretty much a piece of gold to an Oppenheimer for me.



I have not read the story yet, but had to take pics of Collier Schorr's pictures for this issue. They are incredible and taken by a she. I don't know her but I'm wikiing her immediately.

1 comments:

Linda said...

I saw the article in mc and i thought it was about time that sa spoke abt bloggers especially considering what an influence bloggers have in the world. my name's linda and i also have a fashion blog
http://tais-toihabille-toi.blogspot.com
hope u like it and keep up the good blogging;)

Post a Comment