Le Camargue

Sunday, July 15, 2012







At Clarendon School, where I went to school from age 9, the tradition was that the Standard 9's or Grade 11's were responsible for organising the matric dance for the matrics.  When I was in Standard 9, our class decided, against the majority's wishes, that the theme for the Matric Dance would be Horses on the Camargue, after Roy Campbell's famous poem.  I must admit, before I grew up and learnt the meaning of good taste, I was with the majority of the class who wanted the theme to be something typical and lame like Hawaii, the Jungle or the A Ship Wreck theme.  

Thank God for Sarah Small and her unyielding conviction against almost everybody.  The production was beautiful and I will never forget about the beauty of those magnificent horses in the Camargue, France.  They have nothing to do with Tilda Swinton. I just wanted you guys to see how perfect she is in every situation.   These beautiful images were taken by Irene Suchocki. I'm going to France in September.  Universe, here is me putting it out here:  I would like to go and see this place for myself. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment